Jul 7, 2010

YUMMY!!! Mini Cheesecakes

One of my favorite recipe blogs is OurBestBites.com!  I've used MANY of the recipes on the blog and they have all been keepers in my house (which says a lot because of the picky eaters in my house)!!!  Well, I've been itching to make the mini cheesecakes and finally did them for the 4th of July weekend.  They were DELISH!  I made a double batch to take to some BBQ's and deliver to friends but had lot's left over...so much for all the exercise I've been doing!  My cheesecakes didn't look as pretty as the picture you see above, but who cares.  Like I always tell my kids, "they'll just get all jumbled up in your mouth when you eat them."  Funny thing is that when I was putting the recipe in my binder, I found another recipe I made in Jr. High that was almost IDENTICAL!  Funny how I've had the recipe in my stash for over 20 years, but never used it.  Just reminds me how visual I am and seeing a photo of something makes it so much more apealling!


Recipe by Our Best Bites
12 Nilla Wafer Cookies
2 8oz packages cream cheese
3/4 C sugar
2 Tbs flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
Foil cupcake liners

Optional Toppings:
canned pie filling
fresh berries
whipped cream
chocolate sauce
caramel sauce
lemon curd

Preheat oven to 375. Soften cream cheese if needed. With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar. Add in flour and baking powder and beat to combine. Then add in eggs, one at a time, lemon juice, and vanilla. Beat to combine.

Fill a muffin pan with cupcake liners and place one vanilla wafer at the bottom of each one. Divide batter between 12 muffin papers, filling each cup up to about 1/4 inch from the top. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. They'll puff way up during baking, but they'll settle after being chilled.

When you take them out of the oven, place them on a cooling rack and let them cool completely. While they cool, they will sink down in the center. Don't worry- that's normal! It makes the perfect little well to fill up with the fruit filling. Before you top them, chill in the fridge for at least 4-6 hours or preferably over night. Then top and serve. You can be creative and top with whatever you like, like chocolate, caramel, lemon curd, whatever! Makes 12 cheesecakes.

No comments: